Genevieve E. Niemann
Genevieve Niemann is an associate attorney at Anderson & Boback, representing clients in all aspects of domestic relations disputes and family law matters. She has a diverse background which gives her a unique perspective when litigating cases. In addition, Genevieve has always possessed a strong passion for helping which enables her to be a zealous advocate for her clients . Genevieve is often described by her clients as determined to do what it takes to get the job done right, extremely organized, and compassionate.
Prior to Anderson & Boback, Genevieve Niemann practiced in the areas of breach of contract and personal injury litigation specializing in defending multi-million-dollar catastrophic loss claims on a national level. More specifically, Genevieve litigated in areas such as medical malpractice, construction defect, maritime law, toxic tort, insurance coverage, premises liability and other mass tort claims. She helped her team bring many trials to successful verdicts each month.
Despite the gratification of navigating through the adversity and intensity created by these multi-million-dollar trials, Genevieve pursued her passion of helping families with domestic disputes. She clerked for several Cook County domestic relation judges, during which she learned the courtroom inside and out and gained insight into a judge’s decision-making process. While at DePaul College of Law, she aided clients’ in DePaul’s family law legal clinic, at which time she represented several clients on a pro bono basis in the Cook County Domestic Relations Division and Domestic Violence Courthouse in the Division of the Cook County Circuit Court. She also clerked for the Cook County Public Defender’s Office in the Felony Trial Division for a summer, and spent four years assisting renounced DePaul College of Law Professor John F. Decker with research to supplement his well-acclaimed treatise Illinois Criminal Law.
These experiences have enabled Genevieve to hit the ground running in navigating litigation and advocating for her clients at Anderson & Boback.
Why Genevieve Niemann is the Family Lawyer for You:
Genevieve has exceptional experience in litigating and taking cases to trial. While continuing to maintain a high level of professionalism, Genevieve uses a combination of aggressive and proactive approaches to achieve her clients’ desired goals. She carefully listens to her clients’ concerns and frustrations to ensure strategies are implemented to best diminish them.
Genevieve’s desire to pursue a career in law developed from her eagerness to help others. She prefers to help clients with the personal and sensitive matters that are often-litigated in domestic relations courtrooms, because she finds these issues most rewarding to overcome.
Beyond Being a Lawyer
Genevieve grew up in the small town of Quincy, Illinois riding horses with her grandfather, father, and two sisters. Currently, Genevieve enjoys playing soccer, snow skiing, international traveling, and riding her horses, Jade & Riley. She also has a passion for art; her favorite Chicago summertime activity is exploring the art fairs.
Genevieve is passionate about CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) which is a national association that enables court-appointed advocates to help abused and neglected children find a safe and healthy environment. Genevieve feels it is crucial to advocate for clients who are unable to advocate for themselves.
Genevieve developed many strong leadership skills in Chicago’s legal community through her involvement with many bar associations. She serves in the following organizations:
- Illinois State Bar Association – Young Lawyer’s Division
- Illinois Women’s Bar Association
- DePaul’s Alumni Engagement Board
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International, Chicago Alumni Chapter - Vice Justice from 2016-2018
- Chicago Bar Association
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International, Chicago Alumni Chapter
- 1st place Chicago Alumni Chapter Vice Justice
- 2018 Outstanding Vice Justice
- 2nd place Chicago Alumni Chapter
- 2018 The Outstanding Alumni Chapter Award
- 2nd place Chicago Alumni Chapter’s “St. PADdy’s Day Luncheon”
- 2018 The Outstanding Alumni Professional Program Award - (chaired)
- DePaul University College of Law, JD, 2015
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, BA, 2012
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2018
- Illinois Criminal Law: A Survey of Crimes and Defenses (5th ed. LexisNexis 2012) and 2014, 2015, and 2016 Annual Cumulative Supplements By: Professor John F. Decker & Chris Kopacz