Genevieve Niemann is an associate attorney at Anderson & Boback representing clients in all aspects of domestic relations disputes and family law affairs. She has a diverse background which aids her in having a unique perspective on litigation. Genevieve has always possessed a strong passionate in helping others with personal matters. Clients describe Genevieve as extremely organized, a zealous advocate, and determined to do what it takes to get the job done right.
Prior to Anderson & Boback, Genevieve Niemann practiced personal injury and specialized in defending multi-million-dollar catastrophic loss claims on a national level. Genevieve litigated in areas such as medical malpractice, construction defect, maritime law, toxic tort, insurance coverage, premises liability and other mass tort claims. She helped her team bring many trials to successful verdicts each month.
Despite the gratification of navigating through the adversity and intensity of these enormous trials, Genevieve wanted to pursue her passion of helping families with domestic disputes. She clerked for several Domestic Relation Judges in Cook County, where she learned the courtroom inside and out. While at DePaul College of Law, she took the family law legal clinic, where she represented several clients pro bono in the Cook County Domestic Relations Division and the Domestic Violence Courthouse. She also clerked for the Cook County Public Defender’s Office in the Felony Trial Division for a summer and spent four years assisting Professor John F. Decker with research to supplement his book Illinois Criminal Law.
These past experiences have enabled Genevieve to hit the ground running in litigating and advocating for her clients at Anderson & Boback.
Why Genevieve Niemann is the Family Lawyer for You:
Genevieve has exceptional experience in litigating and taking cases to trial. While continuing to maintain a level of professionality, Genevieve uses a combination of an aggressive and initiative approach to achieve her clients’ goals. She listens to her clients’ concerns and goals and constantly strives to ensure the case is being primarily driven by that.
Her desire to pursue a career in law came from her eagerness to help others. She wants to help people who are dealing with personal and sensitive issues that are often litigated in the domestic relations courtrooms. She feels they are the most rewarding kind of matters to assist clients in navigating.
Beyond Being a Lawyer
Genevieve grew up in the small town of Quincy, Illinois riding horses her entire life with her Grandfather, father, and two sisters. She was basically riding horses before she would walk.
Outside of work, Genevieve enjoys playing soccer, snow skiing, international traveling, and riding her horses, Jade & Riley. She also has a passion for dance and art and loves to paint, draw, and do ceramics. Her favorite Chicago summer activity is visiting the art street fairs all over the city.
Genevieve is passionate about CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) which is a national association that supports and promotes court-appointed advocates for abused or neglected children in order to provide children with a safe and healthy environment. She strongly feels it is crucial to advocate for clients who are unable to advocate for themselves.
Genevieve developed many strong leadership skills in Chicago’s legal community through her involvement with many bar associations. She serves on the following bar associations:
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International - Chicago Alumni Chapter - Vice Justice
- Illinois State Bar Association – Young Lawyer’s Division
- Illinois Women’s Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- DePaul’s Alumni Engagement Board
Phi Alpha (PAD) Delta Law Fraternity, International - Chicago Alumni Chapter
- 1st place Chicago Alumni Chapter Vice Justice
- 2018 Outstanding Vice Justice
- 2nd place Chicago Alumni Chapter
- 2018 The Outstanding Alumni Chapter Award
- 2nd place Chicago Alumni Chapter’s “St. PADdy’s Day Luncheon”
- 2018 The Outstanding Alumni Professional Program Award - (chaired)
- DePaul University College of Law, JD, 2015
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, BA , 2012
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2018
- Illinois Criminal Law: A Survey of Crimes and Defenses (5th ed. LexisNexis 2012) 2014, 2015, and 2016 Annual Cumulative Supplements By: Professor John F. Decker & Chris Kopacz