Lake County Divorce and Family Law Attorneys
Going through a divorce or child custody battle weighs heavily on all parties involved. Even a joyous event like adoption brings unexpected levels of stress and anxiety. Each family and situation is unique. When you have family or divorce-related legal needs in Lake County, choosing a dedicated Lake County family and divorce attorney is the right decision.
Whether establishing parenting time and custody or addressing financial support and asset division, you need a legal advisor skilled at keeping the lines of communication open between both parties. Sometimes talks break down, and an agreement fails to come to fruition. A skilled legal team, like Anderson & Boback, supporting you, increases the likelihood of reaching terms suitable to both parties. Our experienced attorneys in Lake County can help guide you in all areas of family law.
Family Law Matters You Might Face in Lake County
Reach out for legal guidance related to your family’s needs, such as when you’re faced with a major life decision.
- Divorce: Many questions arise when a couple faces the prospects of divorce. For example, how will we divide assets, or would a mediator be the right choice for us? While there is no waiting period to file for an Illinois divorce, understanding the family and divorce laws aids in taking the next steps. Consulting your Lake County attorney ensures your rights are covered and a settlement can be reached quickly and efficiently. There are so many facets to a divorce that knowing the next best step is hard without trusted legal guidance. Consider where you may fit in these areas:
- High Asset Divorce
- Military Divorce
- Same-Sex Divorce
- Child Custody and Parenting Time
- Property Division
- Divorce Litigation
- Collaborative Divorce
- Legal Separation
- Support Services and Parenting Plans: Resolving financial support and determining parental responsibilities are two vital and often emotional aspects of divorce. Collaborating with your attorney in Lake County to outline needs and expectations as the foundation of an agreement will help make this part of the process smoother in court. You may need counsel about:
- Spousal Support (also known as Alimony or divorce maintenance)
- Child Support and evolving state guidelines
- Parental Responsibilities Allocation including parenting time and decision-making roles
- Prenuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements: Making a vow to love, honor, and cherish until death takes courage. While you hope for the best, the payoff of establishing a prenuptial agreement or post-nuptial agreement cannot be understated. Each option provides financial security and stability in the event of a divorce. Reasons to opt for prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements, include:
- Establishing a plan to divide property and assets
- Protecting the rights of children from a prior marriage or relationship
- Estate planning in the event of medical or health problems
- Outlining better financial outcomes in the event of infidelity
- Maximizing tax savings
- Avoiding a contentious divorce
- Protecting family businesses and future inheritances
- Adoption: Choosing to give a child a loving home through adoption is a wonderful way to expand your family. The rewards outweigh anything you could imagine. Working with an experienced family law attorney makes the process smoother as you navigate the complexities that the adoption process brings. There are many types of adoptions, and each one requires the expertise of an experienced family law attorney. Here are some examples:
- Foster Parent
Compassionate and Results-Driven Family Law Attorneys Serving Lake County
Handle your family law matters with the assistance of a team dedicated to protecting your rights. At Anderson & Boback, our mission is to help solve your family law issues using our wealth of knowledge and skillful advocacy to get you the outcome you deserve. Let our commitment to honesty, integrity, and compassion set you at ease.
We continually strive to communicate openly with the personal attention you need during trying times. We’re not your average divorce lawyers. We listen with empathy and educate you on your rights so that you can make the best decisions for you and your family, and we stand up for children’s rights, focusing on their future well-being. When you need to put up a strong fight for your rights in the courtroom, count on us.
Contact us online or call us at 312-715-0870 to schedule a family law consultation in Lake County today.