Janice L. Boback
Janice Boback is the Managing Partner of Anderson & Boback, a true professional with a strong, ethical approach that has earned her a stellar reputation amongst judges and other lawyers. Consistently described as a zealous advocate, fierce litigator, and compassionate supporter, she’s a lawyer other lawyers choose when they need representation.
Janice is regularly appointed by judges to represent children and members of the military, based on her years of experience in the unique domestic laws for each. Her expertise also includes handling complicated financial matters and property division typically encountered in high asset divorce cases.
Janice is a certified member of the Lawyers of Distinction, a recognition only the top 10% of attorneys in the United States can receive.
Why Janice Boback is the Family Lawyer for You:
Clients describe Janice as always prepared and thoroughly researched, with a deep knowledge of the law. She is clear and communicative, while focused on results. Janice will take the time to listen to your concerns, provide a quick response to your questions and help explain your options. She is a skilled negotiator and fierce litigator in the courtroom, a true advocate for your rights.
If you want an attorney that receives stellar reviews from clients, respect from judges, and winning case results, Janice Boback is the clear choice.
What Janice’s Clients are Saying:
“Amazing – Mrs. Boback was great, the best decision that I have ever made. Her advice and expertise in my court case was unbelievable, she took care of all my needs and was understanding when helping me deal with a tough time. I would highly recommend her to anyone that is looking for a great lawyer.” – Jake, 2017
“Referred by friend, very glad she did – I had been through 2 previous attorneys in my case that was approaching 3 years. I left both who were dumbfounded and ill-equipped to provide effective legal strategy and forward thinking. Thank God a good friend referred me to Jan who gave me confidence, stuck to our strategy, executed a direct game plan and came out of a difficult situation with multiple victories. Definitely a must hire for you in your most difficult situations.” – Matt, 2016
“Recommend Highly – Jan handled a complicated custody as well as financial settlement, in an efficient and effective manner. She worked well with me, along with the opposing counsel even under the most trying circumstances. Jan also clearly had the trust of the judge and was able to work through issues before and after the decree. As a fellow attorney, my standards were very high, and I was fortunate to work with Jan on a very difficult matter.” – George, 2014
Beyond Being a Lawyer:
When Janice is not busy practicing law, she enjoys spending time with her family including her grandchildren. She also owns a farm where they raise beef cattle. She enjoys vegetable gardening, traveling, reading, live local theater and Broadway. She even studied Improv at The Second City, the world-famous comedy club and training center located in Toronto, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Janice is passionate about living her life with integrity and maintaining a firm that is respected and managed with the goals of leaving a legacy of providing exceptional customer service.
the fastest growing community of distinguished lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to the top 10% of attorneys in the country. Members are accepted based upon evaluations of an attorney’s qualifications, license, reputation, experience, and disciplinary history.
- The John Marshall Law School, JD, 1998
- University of Illinois, BA in Finance, 1994
- Illinois, 1998
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2011
- United States Supreme Court, 2007
- United State Federal Court, Northern District, Illinois 1998
- U.S. Federal Circulation, D.C.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Section Counsel for Attorney Regulation and Disciplinary Committee
- Section Counsel for Military Affairs
- Women in the Law Committee
- Bar Services Committee
- Privacy Law Committee
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association: Family Law Committee, Military Law Committee
- Professional Women Club of Chicago, Community Alliance Committee
- LaSalle County Bar Association
- Kankakee County Bar Association
- Alumni Mentor, John Marshall Law School
- Navigating the New Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act hosted by the Circuit Court of Cook County - Domestic Relations Division and the Womens' Bar Association, October 1 2015
- Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Section and the Standing Committee on Military Affairs “Child Custody and the Military Family” featured speaker, September 2012
- Financial Matters and the Military Family Retirement Pay Division (speaker), 2011
- Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Section and the Standing Committee and Military Affairs “Financial Matters and the Military Family” featured speaker, April 2011
- Veterans’ Law Conference, “Family Law”, October 2007
- Chicago Bar Association Matrimonial Law Committee, “Military Divorce Issues in Family Law”, February 2007
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois (WBIA) channel:
- Celebrity Justice, Dead Beat Dads (2004), Two live interviews with the news program which aired world wide relating to a highly contested divorce case involving a celebrity, September 2004
- Radio Interview with Man Cow relating to prenuptial agreements, January 2012
- Radio Interview on WGN 720 AM Radio regarding Military Divorce, January 2012
- Military Family Law (2012) speaker: Child Custody and the Military Family, 2012
- Oasis Divorce Group - Oak Brook, Illinois “How to select and work effectively with a divorce attorney”, November 2004
- Military Divorce Issues in Family Law, Reading a Leave and Earning Statement Speaker, 2004
- Illinois State Bar Association: The Catalyst Newsletter:
- Quoted in Forbes.com in an article about prenuptial agreements, January 2012
- Quoted in Reuters online edition / divorce and finances, July 2012
- Jake Hartford Radio Radio Interview with Janice Boback - Prenuptial Agreements & Military Divorce Scenarios, 2012
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and D.C., Military Law
Successfully argued a case before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in D.C. regarding two wives who were litigating over the rights of the deceased man's federal pension.
Outcome: Lower court Reversed. Victory for our client.