• Chicago Downtown Office
    • 20 N. Clark Street, Suite 3300 Chicago, IL 60602
  • Northbrook, IL Office
    • 5 Revere Drive, Suite 200 Northbrook, IL 60062
Anderson Boback & Marshall Logo
Blog and News from Chicago Family Law Firm

Anderson Boback & Marshall Blog

Can Drug Use Impact Child Custody?

When child custody, which the state of Illinois now calls parenting time and allocation of decision-making, is an issue before the Court, the primary consideration by the Court is always going to be the best interest of the child/children.  There are a variety of factors that the Court must consider when determining the best interests of the children, and a

hire a divorce attorney early

Am I Ready to Hire a Divorce Attorney?

Table of ContentsHiring an Attorney “Early”Benefits of an Attorney in the Early StagesHiring a Divorce Attorney After Filing As Chicago divorce attorneys, a common question we often hear from potential clients is, “When is the right time for me to hire a divorce attorney?”  People are often concerned about hiring an attorney too soon – what if their spouse doesn’t

using collaborative divorce ILLINOIS

Collaborative Divorce – Another Approach to Divorce

In my many years as a family law attorney in Illinois, most clients come to me ready to divorce—preferably yesterday. They are coming from unhappy, but not overly acrimonious, marriages. No one is throwing clothes out the window, crashing cars, or setting anything on fire. For most couples, splitting up isn’t about drama. Rather, it’s about discontentment, frustration, and disappointment.

financial plan after divorce

Surviving Finanically After Divorce in Chicago

Divorce can take a financial toll on any family that goes through it.  Post-divorce, families are essentially required to run two households on the same amount of income with which they used to only run one household.  So, logically, it makes sense that expenses and spending would be different post-divorce.  This is why it is so important to have a

rights of third parties in child custody and visitation

Child Custody and Visitation Rights for Third Parties

In Illinois, the laws surrounding custody and visitation rights extend beyond just parents. Third parties, such as grandparents, stepparents, or other family members, may also seek custody or visitation rights under certain circumstances. The applicable laws are designed to prioritize the best interests of the child while also recognizing the importance of maintaining familial relationships. Third Parties Seeking Custody Illinois

tax issues in chicago divorce

Warning! Tax Issues in a Chicago Divorce

Table of Contents5 Important Tax Implications in a Divorce1. Filing taxes during the divorce process and after:2. Property Division3. Retirement Accounts4. Family or Marital Business5. Child Tax Deductions and CreditsGet Advice from a Chicago Divorce Attorney There are a lot of moving parts going on at once in a divorce case – calculating child support and maintenance, determining a parenting

postnuptial agreement right for your

Is a Postnuptial Agreement Right for You?

Table of ContentsWhen a Postnuptial Agreement May Be a Good DecisionFinancial ChangesOlder CouplesNew MarriagesCouples with ChildrenReconciliationSeek Advice from a Family Law Attorney Most individuals are familiar with prenuptial agreements. A post-nuptial agreement is something that is not talked about as much. Where a prenuptial agreement is entered into before a couple ties the knot, a postnuptial agreement is entered into

Was this information helpful?

Schedule a Discreet Consultation Today!


    Chicago Downtown Office

    20 N. Clark Street, Suite 3300 Chicago, IL 60602

    Northbrook, IL Office

    5 Revere Drive, Suite 200 Northbrook, IL 60062

    Firm Overview
    Anderson Boback & Marshall

    Anderson Boback & Marshall is a highly-respected, experienced Chicago family law firm, skilled in negotiation and litigation for divorce and other family law issues. With multiple offices in NorthBrook and Chicago Downtown, we make it easy for you to book an appointment in a location near you. Our family and divorce lawyers serve families in Cook County, Lake County, Will County, and DuPage County. Call Now 312-715-0870