Jessica C. Marshall
Jessica Marshall is a real go-getter who stands up for what she believes in, which is fighting for your rights, and the rights of children. She’s a tough lawyer with impressive credentials and substantial achievements in the legal community. Jessica has a strong desire to help people and makes a difference with her clients and their families by taking action to help solve their problems.
Jessica Marshall is not afraid to fight for your rights, she is comfortable in the courtroom and respected by colleagues, judges and clients. Her achievements include participating in a successful win with an Appeal before the United States Court of Appeals. That win was followed up with success at the Supreme Court of the United States of America where her Brief in Opposition to Writ of Certiorari was found persuasive.
Additional achievements include helping parents reunite with children, protecting children from abusive situations, and offering in-depth knowledge of military divorce laws and regulations by winning an appeal on the original improper division of a military pension. She participates in several associations and memberships, keeping her skills sharp and staying abreast of changes in family law.
Why Jessica Marshall is the Family Lawyer for You:
With an unwavering dedication to her clients, Jessica is passionate about solving problems, and is dedicated to her clients with open communication and guidance throughout your legal issue. You can have confidence in her high satisfaction rate and ability to perform under pressure, providing fair and informative legal representation with a commitment to her clients.
What Jessica’s Clients are Saying:
“Amazing Divorce Lawyer – Listened to my concerns. Advocated on my behalf and ultimately helped me win custody of my son. As a father it is nearly impossible to win custody. Straight forward, honest, and impeccable character. Would never want her to be opposing counsel. She’s intelligent and is very committed to her clients. I can’t say enough good things about Jessica.” – Derek, 2017
“An Excellent, Skilled Lawyer Who Will Produce Results – I cannot overstate the experience and professionalism that Jessica brings to the table. Jessica and her staff remained easily reachable over different time schedules and could be counted on to return emails and phone calls promptly. If you need quality results and resolutions-this is the lawyer and firm to hire. Their ability to research case law and draft necessary motions is what puts them above other lawyers and firms If you want the best, call Jessica.” – Steve, 2015
“Military Friendly – Jessica was very helpful in taking care of my cases and understood the complications related to my military career. Even when I went out of state for my job she always kept me informed and up to date. Her knowledge of the court system was advantageous in settling my cases in a short amount of time. – Rodrigo, 2014”
Beyond Being a Lawyer:
When Jessica isn’t practicing law, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling, cooking and music. An avid singer since she was a child, she enjoys a wide variety of music and attending concerts. She randomly met Madonna once in Italy, and for once was at a loss for words. The quintessential event planner, she is often called upon by family and friends to plan their Disney Vacations.
Jessica has a love for travel and enjoyed a summer abroad when she completed a Summer Program at Oxford University in England. Always ready to take action, you won’t find Jessica sitting at a desk all day. If you’re looking for a calm, compassionate and personable attorney to solve your family law problems, Jessica is the one for you.
- Avvo Client's Choice Award Avvo (2014)
- Selected as one of The National Advocates Top 40 Under 40 (2016)
- Selected as a Rising Star in Family Law, Illinois, by Super Lawyers (2018)
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award, 2018
- The John Marshall Law School, JD, 2010
- Indiana University, B.S., Public Affairs and Legal Studies, 2007
- Oxford University – Summer Program through Indiana University
- Illinois State Bar, 2010
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2011
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Bar Association Women and the Law Committee, Member
- Positions on Women and the Law Committee:
- Co-Editor, The Catalyst 2014-2015; 2017-2018
- Social and Gifts Sub-Committee Co-Chair 2015-2016
- Social and Gifts Sub-Committee Member 2014-2015; 2016-2017
- We Will (Women Supporting Women in Local Legislation) Core Member
- In 2012, Jessica was interviewed on the Mike McConnell morning radio show on the topic of child custody.
- In 2014, Jessica was invited to guest lecture at the John Marshall Law School in Chicago on the topic of pre-marital agreements.
- The Catalyst, Illinois State Bar Association: Maternity leave in the media: How revised parental leave policies measure up 2015
- The Catalyst, Illinois State Bar Association: The Necessity of Networking 2011 Standing Committee on Legal Technology Newsletter, Illinois State Bar Association
- The Catalyst, Illinois State Bar Association: Highlight on Clio: Review of affordable cloud-based practice management software 2014
- The Catalyst, Illinois State Bar Association: Spotlight on Jessica Natkin - Women and the Law, August 2014
- The Catalyst, Illinois State Bar Association: Getting your first legal job: The necessity of networking 2011
- Child Custody : Child-Parent Reunion
Gained custody for a client in a highly contested trial for a parent who had not, prior to litigation, seen their child for a number of years. The reunion between this parent and child was extremely touching.
- Military Divorce: Pension Allocation
Successfully appealed and won a case regarding the improper division of a military pension.
- Child Custody : Abusive Parent
Successfully won a custody case removing a child from the care of an abusive parent. There was nothing more fulfilling than knowing this child can now sleep soundly at night, without fear.