How long will my divorce take?

  One of the most common questions a new or potential client has is how long their divorce will take.  There is no standard answer to this question and it almost entirely depends upon the actions of the divorcing parties. Primarily, there are two different ways divorces can be finalized.  The first way is by

Read More

Are my Reverse Stock Splits, Gifts and Loans considered income to determine my obligation to pay child support? Part 1 of 2

A good way to determine the answers to these questions is look at what case law has dictated. Specifically, In re Marriage of Anderson, 405 Ill.App.3d 1129, 938 N.E.2d 207, 344 Ill.Dec. 938 (3d Dist. 2010), provides a remarkably expansive look, as well as a retrospective, as to what other than earned income may or

Read More

When to Ask the Court to Reconsider their ruling

                  I recently worked on a child support case where the parties were contesting the amount of child support to be paid by the other party to the client. Each party had their own calculations for what they believed the child support amount should be based upon the other party’s income and various business

Read More

An Introduction to the Introduction of Significant Others

As with every issue in family law, there is no “one-size fits all” answer to the frequently asked question: What is the rule when it comes to introducing the children to significant others? In Illinois, there is no written law that says parties are barred from introducing their children to romantic partners until the divorce

Read More

Pre Marital Agreement

Pre-marital agreements (formerly called “pre-nuptial” agreements) are contracts that parties enter into upon marriage which dictate how they would like to divide their assets should they decide to dissolve their marriage.  When parties decide to obtain a dissolution of their marriage and they have a pre-marital agreement, they often wonder how the pre-marital agreement will

Read More
Anderson & Boback

When Children Refuse Visitation Time with the Other Parent – What Should You Do?

When your child refuses visitation time with your ex, what’s a parent to do? There are times as a child gets older that he or she no longer wants to go and spend the entire weekend with the other parent. Kids have things to do, and they don’t want to give up their entire weekend.

Read More

PART II— Are my Unemployment Compensation, Workers’ Compensation, and Other Types of Income considered income to be considered for calculating child support?

Adding to last weeks blog, we continue to discuss the income that is considered when calculating child support. What about if you have a capital account where your employer distributes shares of your company’s performance to you as a benefit of your employment?. In In re Marriage of Winne, 239 Ill.App.3d 273, 606 N.E.2d 777,

Read More
  • Download our Divorce Planning Guide today!
  • Download our Divorce Planning Guide today!

    Get the information you need to prepare for divorce with our free resource Guide to Planning for Your Divorce.

    click to download now!

What Our clients are saying

Excellent - I highly recommend Kimberly Anderson. She is knowledgeable, assertive, and experienced. What impressed me most about Kim is her dedication. I was able to reach her whenever there was a problem. She always responded immediately, proposed a solution, and put me at ease. The entire legal team at Anderson & Boback is superb.

Lisa March 29, 2018

  • Why Choose Anderson & Boback ?

  • IL chicago family lawyer 2020
    ASLA Badge - Kimberly Anderson 2018
    BBB A+ Badge
    lawyers of distinction badge
    AVVO 10 Rating badge - generic
    Super Lawyers Generic badge

Schedule a Discreet Consultation Today!

  • firm overview Anderson & Boback

  • Anderson & Boback is a highly-respected, experienced Chicago family law firm, skilled in negotiation and litigation. When divorce and other family law issues make your life chaotic and uncertain, you want your case resolved as quickly and fairly as possible. Call Now 312-715-0870