High Asset Divorce Representation
We Are Fearless About Protecting Your Interests When Dividing Complex Assets
A divorce is already emotional and becomes much more complex and contentious when a wealthy couple is facing a high asset divorce. If you and your spouse have assets that include a business or businesses, investments, retirement accounts and pensions, real estate holdings or other high net worth assets, your divorce process can easily become complicated. If not handled properly, the financial implications will be significant.
It is vitally important to work with a divorce attorney with significant experience handling high net worth divorces to protect your assets. Your financial future depends on it. You have enough to deal with maintaining your business or career, raising your children and caring for the home rather than risk your financial future with the wrong divorce attorney. Let the savvy and experienced attorneys at Anderson & Boback help you develop a plan for a successful settlement of your high asset divorce.
High Net Worth Divorce Lawyer Experienced in Complex Cases
Working with a high net worth divorce lawyer will help to develop a property division settlement that is fair and equitable. Anderson & Boback attorneys provide the experienced representation you need in a complex divorce involving high-value assets. We conduct a thorough interview and listen to your concerns to strategize the best possible approach to reach a divorce settlement agreement that you deserve.
Our high net worth clients benefit from our well-established relationships with forensic accountants and actuaries that know how to properly evaluate a myriad of assets. We know the importance of providing professional business valuation and accounting services from industry experts to develop a fair and equitable property division settlement in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Divorce is Complicated, We Make it Easier
We focus on the financial details that are important for high net worth marriages, including:
- Business Valuation and Division – Providing an accurate value on your family business is complex, and critical to receiving an equitable division during a divorce property settlement. You need an industry professional to help you determine the value of all company shares, and evaluate all tax implications of dividing a business.
- Strategies to Limit Tax Liability – There are tax implications of dividing properties, investment and shares of a business. We inform you of any negative tax implications and help to limit your tax liability with professional analysis and professional tax planning.
- Dividing Real Estate – Dividing real estate in a high asset divorce can have significant consequences. Accurate appraisals are required, as well as a thorough analysis of ongoing implications such as real estate taxes and any needed repairs or improvements. Dividing the marital home is typically 50/50 with couples selling the home and splitting the equity or one staying in the home and buying the other out. Vacation homes and rental properties may be treated differently and require professional guidance to protect your rights.
- Separate Property Holdings – Property that either spouse came into the marriage owning or properties that are deemed separate by nature like gifts or inheritances should be specifically excluded from the marital assets and property division settlement.
- Pensions, Retirement, and Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QRDOs) – Pension benefits earned during the marriage are generally considered a joint asset, therefore the length of the marriage can affect spousal rights to pension benefits. Speak with an experienced high net worth divorce lawyer to ensure your pension is calculated correctly and for direction with any issuance of the proper Qualified Relations Order (QRDO), which recognize the joint ownership of retirement accounts and direct benefits to the former spouse.
- Stocks, IRAs, 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plans – when dividing stock investments be sure to consider the total number of shares rather than the dollar values as this may change with the market.
Anderson & Boback for Your High Asset Divorce in Illinois
We Take Your Case as High as It Needs to Go!
When you’re facing a high asset divorce in Illinois, you need professional legal representation to ensure you receive a fair and equitable property division settlement. Anderson & Boback partner with you from the beginning to help you through the entire divorce process including property division of a high asset and complex divorce.
We concentrate on family law in Illinois, working with our clients with an open line of communication to strategize and develop the best plan for the divorce settlement that you deserve.
Let Us Review Your Situation